Effective date: 1 June 2021
Personal data we collect
- The information you enter on our website, BMW Concessionaires App or give us in any other way, including when you purchase a product from us or use our services, contact our Showrooms or Service Centres, or through car shows, contests and promotions shall be collected and stored. Such information may comprise personal data as defined under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as amended from time to time ("Data") and shall include but not be limited to:
- Personal information such as name, age group, phone number, email and/or address; and
- Current vehicle information such as brand, model, car plate no., car chassis no., engine displacement, mileage, date of first registration, number of previous owner(s), year of production; and
- Credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, expiry date and billing address.
- Certain Data (particularly relating to your contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Data, we may be unable to provide the services in full.
Purposes for Collection and Use of Data
- The Data you provide will be used by us for the purpose for which it was requested, and for directly related purposes as follows:
- Application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our products or services;
- Process billing and payment, maintain a credit history, determine amounts outstanding and where necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
- Considering or fulfilling requests or application of any nature submitted by you, whether online, over the phone or through other channels;
- Handle and follow-up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- Verification of your identity;
- Administer loyalty point schemes, contests, lucky draws, and raffles conducted by us, including disclosing the winners of any such contests;
- Enforcement of any contract entered into between you and BMW HK;
- Update and enhance our records;
- Comply with the requirements for disclosure to any governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong under the requirements of any relevant laws; and
- Enable us to better understand the demographics and preferences of our customers and provide products/services better tailored to your needs.
- We will collect and submit (as applicable) a copy of your Hong Kong Identity Card Document ("HKID") to the Hong Kong Transport Department for vehicle registration and licensing purposes, and to the insurance company for insurance arrangements. We will also request your HKID number / Hong Kong Driving Licence number for identity verification purposes for test drive arrangements.
Information Captured Automatically
- Like many websites, we automatically receive certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages you visit on our website, which website you came from or go to and the date and length of your visit. We may use and evaluate such information for the purposes of website administration and understanding our customers better.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
- We intend to use your Data in direct marketing, and we may not so use your Data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection).
- We intend to use your Data including your name, phone number, email and/or address to contact you about the following:
- products, services and promotional events of BMW HK, BMW AG and the Sime Darby Motor Group;
- financing and insurance services offered by our business partners as part of the comprehensive services we strive to provide our customers.
- We will not disclose your Data to any other third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- Should you not want us to use your Data for direct marketing, please let us know via any one of the free response channels in section 11. You can also choose not to receive such marketing materials by selecting the specific unsubscribe option provided in each email, sms or mms sent to you, or otherwise inform us in writing.
Disclosure and Transfer of Data
- We do not sell or trade your Data with third parties and we strive to protect your privacy. Your Data may however be transferred within or outside Hong Kong as follows (if applicable):
- other companies (including branch offices, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates) within our group of companies;
- governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong SAR;
- our audit, legal and financial advisers;
- third party service providers engaged by us to assist with debt collection, surveys and other customer services;
- insurance company(ies) for the application of car insurance and related insurances;
- credit information, reference bureau or financial service company for the application of financial services; and
- our assigns or successors in title.
Security and Accuracy of Data
- Except as mentioned in section 6 above, your Data, however stored, will be accessed by our employees or service providers who are authorized to do so.
- We shall take reasonable steps to keep your Data as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Data that is used on an ongoing basis, including information that is disclosed to third parties (please see section 6 for details), will generally be kept accurate and up-to-date. You can update or correct the Data held by us in accordance with section 11.
Retention of Data
- Data provided by you is retained if the purpose for which the Data was collected still exists, if so required by law, statue or regulation, or if it is in the public interest. Data will be destroyed once the requirement no longer applies.
- When you access our website, we store information about your visit in a small text file called a "cookie" on your hard disk. This helps us to identify you and remember your preferences the next time you visit us.
- Only information that you have provided will be stored in the cookie, and only the website which created the cookie can read it. This does not allow it access to the rest of the computer.
Third party websites
Data Access and Correction
- You may at any time request access to or update/correct your Data held by us. You may also ask us to delete you or your Data from any active mailing or distribution list.
- To exercise any of your rights above, please visit www.bmwhk.com/unsubscribe to unsubscribe.
BMW Premium Selection
Kowloon - Tokwawan 2/F,
163 Matauwei Rd.,